Another relaxing day with a visit to an onsen sauna house. While I couldn't take pictures, the place was a great relaxation spot. There were multiple baths at different temperatures and different waters, and one really neat room, the likes of which I’ve never seen before. I call it purification room or dead skin scrub-away room. It’s a steam room with two marble benches facing each other with a huge barrel of salt by the entrance. The benches are divided into chairs with large elbow supports, and each ‘chair’ has a faucet.
You scoop a handful of salt, dump it on the elbow rest and rub away dead skin from your body, occasionally rinsing it off with volcanic water. I had some cuts from the hiking and that stung… but it was no where near close to swimming in Dead sea after a week of hiking in the desert.
Another hobby of mine is late night shopping. Sushi & sashimi go on sale late at night, with as much as 50%-70% discount an hour before closing. This time we got super lucky… WHALE! I had never seen whale on sale, and despite all the controversy, I couldn’t miss a chance to try it.
The taste was ok, close to regular maguro sashimi, but the aftertaste was kinda yuk. We ate half raw and cooked the other half. The taste got better but the aftertaste didnt go away. I might give whale another shot if I ever see it on sale, but to be perfectly honest, I am not all that enthused about it.
Share
0 comments:
Post a Comment