Today for the most part we took it easy. Though I did just make an interesting observation: we’ve been walking far more than we do back home, yet we’ve both gained around a pound. I’m not sure if it’s the food, the beer, or the heat. We really don't feel hungry throughout the day and pretty much pig out once the sun sets…but we do walk a lot, perhaps it’s the muscles… Another observation is that we’ve been pretty consistently hitting 1700B on our dinner tab (4 people). And a final sad/humorous note is that an average Thai worker earns around 12,000 B / month, meaning in 5 days we spend somebody's’ monthly salary.
No idea what that fruit is called but god damn is it good. It’s like a little bit of happiness in every bite with a sweet mixture of gooseberry, cranberry and fairy dust. I got a kilo of it and now I’m
saving the last few for tomorrows breakfast with severe buyers remorse :( i really should have gotten more.
We found a few other fruits we’ve never seen before and of course stocked up. I mean a dollar a kilo here, a dollar a kilo there, how could we not buy them?
Thai dont really eat meat, and it shows. At the market there were 50+ well iced fish stands and a couple of meat stands in a comparatively scary state.
Slightly above and left is fresh honey.
Above is us with todays loot.
Left is one ugly ass dog… one of many that ran towards me looking for scraps the moment i sat down. Yumi and Yuka ran off when around 6 of them gathered around me.
At the very top with black tongue is Yuka after eating one of my squids. She got a ‘loaded’ one.
A small ego boost on check-in into our new hotel. I never had a welcome board with my name on it :)
Patthaya has tons of Russian tourists and a few Russian restaurants, so we all went down to Armeniya. Awesome food and yet again, total damage after getting stuffed, B 1650.
Share
0 comments:
Post a Comment