We are home... next step to backfill all the missing dates ;)

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hiking with Reiko and Cige

P1090690

P1090611IMG_3347IMG_3346IMG_3344  Seriously, what better way to start a day than with the best donut in the world? I hate doughnuts, 99/100 they are nasty, except for this place. YUM! Mista Donotto!

It was decided that we’re going on a hike! Despite the trail only being a couple of KM, it ended up being pretty difficult. The tree roots were everywhere, and in some places they were cut to form steps… or maybe that’s just how they ended up after countless rainfalls washed the ground away.

IMG_3365IMG_3367IMG_3377IMG_3386IMG_3388

It was actually a very nice mixture of hiking and sightseeing. The temple its self was amazing. It was beautiful, but there was also a very interesting ritual, washing money in ‘magic’ water to make it more spendable. Supposedly when you spend it, it brings you good luck.

IMG_3393IMG_3398IMG_3403IMG_3408IMG_3414IMG_3419IMG_3424IMG_3429

IMG_3432IMG_3442IMG_3451That above is in fact a bomb shelter

We didnt see too many people during our hike and the final stretch explains it. Apparently it just rained in the morning, it was all mud. …that and since we basically hiked a length of a train station, we could have just as easily taken the train directly to the temple avoiding walking altogether. That aside, that buddha was very cool looking. I was mildly disappointed cause I saw it a few years ago, but it was a long time ago so seeing it again as almost as if I saw it for the first time.

IMG_3458IMG_3459IMG_3466IMG_3485

IMG_3479IMG_3495 

Dinner was great. Rice with very odd looking fish. If i wasnt told they were fish I might have seriously reconsidered eating them…

IMG_3507IMG_3508 IMG_3516IMG_3519IMG_3521

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers