One of the main points of our trip was for Yumi to spend time with her family, while I studied up on Japanese. And so we dont drain our travel budget, we were planning for Yumi to get a job as a Pharmacist in Japan (for a month or two). I had hoped she would get a job close to her parents house so we could spend time with the family while I attend school, but that proved pretty much impossible. So we decided for her to take a job a few hours away - deep deep country side – with the added benefit of country side pay (much higher than metropolitan areas) – Supply and demand baby!!!
Yumi has a job interview at Tokyo station and I thought I would wait for her at a familiar place, a place where I can comfortably use a laptop to catch up on our blog, the mighty Starbucks. It’s not quiet as welcoming as I had expected it to be. You’re welcome to use a laptop for as long as you have battery life, all of the power plugs are either removed or blacked off and access to wi-fi shall remain a mystery to me.
This is just a snippet of the Tokyo subway system. I’ll find a map of the whole thing at one of the tourist bureaus. Suffice to say, I know why so many tourists find themselves confused. If I could offer one advice, it’s to start your trip with a visit to tourist office and picking up a comprehensive map of subway system. There are something like 8 different companies running trains in Japan, and most trips require transfers between companies, but only few of the maps show the combined network.
To put things in perspective, Tokyo station is roughly the size of Bellevue downtown.
Share
0 comments:
Post a Comment