We are home... next step to backfill all the missing dates ;)

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Leaving Thailand

IMG_2618 Thailand is definitely more advanced than Egypt, though it's almost as behind in some areas, and more advanced that US in others. Closes in general are so cheap it'll make you cry. A nice t-shirt is 3$, a dress shirt is $6, a custom tailored suit from European cloth is around $300. Their zoo is fucking spectacular. You dont have to look through 10 feet of plexy glass at a butterfly. Their clubs are nuts!!! Dig this, you go to a club and right outside the front door there is a booth with 20 good looking girls available for rent. Simply pick the one you like, and she'll hang out with you while inside. If you pay a little extra ($20) you can take her to another club or restaurant.

 

We left our hotel at 4am to catch 6:50 flight. Our taxi driver was cruising at around 120 when another taxi flew by him. I hit the dashboard and commanded we catch up, which immediately resulted in driver hitting the breaks and slowing down to a IMG_2627 IMG_2634crawl. A few hand gestures and some pointing later at his gas foot, we were well on our way to catching up. Yumi said I failed to acknowledge the drivers excitement when he finally caught up to the “fly-by” taxi. I would have :( good behavior should be rewarded.

 

 

 

 

IMG_2643

IMG_2652IMG_2658

A couple of highlights during the flight. These are shrimp farms outside of Bangkok, the reason I was able to get a platter of lobster sized shrimps for under $10.

About an hour later I was lucky to look outside the ‘window’ just as we were leaving the continent and snapped a nice shot.

 

 

 

 

 IMG_2663IMG_2671 IMG_2676

Left shot is of a some place on the edge of  China, and right two are of Okinawa (I was secretly hoping I've discovered a new island).

Share

2 comments:

Stranger in a Strange Land. said...

You should have tipped the taxi driver for the thrill ride.

Why did I have to make another profile? said...

I tipped him like a 100, which is far more than average 5-10 B tip =)

Post a Comment

Followers