We are home... next step to backfill all the missing dates ;)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Home sweet home

IMG_5148 After two weeks of partying & sightseeing I’ve came back to Yumi and to Takasaki and to the internet ;) I’ve tried posting pictures to facebook which resulted in my immediate hatred of facebook picture upload tool. It’s a new hatred, but the one I feel I can nourish and cultivate. In the mean time, I’ve decided to pause the whole drinking thing for a few days and let my liver recuperate.

Today I went back to Japanese language school and had a very nice lesson and great practice conversations. While I can do basic conversation and bar talk, I have big problems in restaurants. My food ordering ‘technique’ is way too rudimentary. It’s either pointing at pictures, or phrases like “This, and one of this and water. Thank you.” It’s actually not even the ordering part, I have no fear of going hungry, it’s the lack of understanding of responses to my questions. I felt that two hours of restaurant dialogue will go a long way for me.

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers