$%^@!!! The CD player in the car broke… but it didnt die. What would I give for that archaic piece of shit to just stop working. As if driving in Japan wasnt difficult enough by its self, this thing is driving me up the #$(% wall. I cant turn the damn thing off. there is no control of the player, I cant take the CD out, I cant change the volume, nada! Unplugging it from the amp just makes it play from one speaker irritating me trice as much. The car has like one fuse that controls EVERYTHING. The CD I've been forced to listen is some mid 80’s mix… the last choice from the pile of CDs left by the previous owner… The first 5-ish songs are …(all things considered) tolerable. The rest of the tracks are like listening to the dental drill. If that’s the result of going to one too many shrines, then it must be a challenge sent by gods to improve my gaman. I am sure I’ll be ripping this thing out of the dash within the next day or two, i’ll take pictures of the whole process.
Driving in Japan is equivalent to playing the bonus level of Grand Theft Auto. The catch is, you get points for not running people over. The pedestrians and bicycles are everywhere at all times of the day (the later the dunker) and they walk and ride without a care in a world, paying no attention to the cars. The road’s reversed, the shifter’s on the other side, all signs and posts are in another language (and a good chunk of them is just odd), the stop sign is triangular, and they call green light blue… but it’s still green (WTF!!!) ! And to make matters worse, I keep thinking left is right.
Share
0 comments:
Post a Comment