With Yumi at work, I have a lot of time to do absolutely nothing. Sometimes I read a book, sometimes I go for a walk in no particular direction. This time around I found a very interesting desert restaurant.
Also, i had a great idea to experiment with panoramic photos. I found a good open spot and managed to take a 78 degree photo.
The evening ended with Yumi eating raw beef toppled with raw egg. It’s called Yuke. Remember that incase someone ever offers it to you. Yuke! My body simply rejected it as a biologic threat (likely scarring me for life in the process). First time I ever tried it, I didn't know what I was eating, but my body simply refused to swallow it (despite it being one of the most expensive things on the menu). I had the exact same experience bungee jumping, my body simply refused to the take that final step… so I was chewing it and chewing it trying to figure out what the hell it was, until it hit me… raw beef. Mad cow disease along with all kinds of images suddenly rushed into my head. I politely spat it out, and ordered some rum to cleanse my pallet.
Share
2 comments:
Yukke is actually really tasty and even served at almost any Korean restaurant in the US.
Think it as a same thing as raw fish. Plus, Japanese food safety standards is pretty high and one infection puts a restaurant to closure.
My body simply rejected it as a biologic threat (likely scarring me for life in the process).
Actually, after I wrote that post, I went over the weird things I've eaten, and concluded that they are not designed to be eaten raw. Dog, dolphin, whale, cow, horse, donkey, sea utter... In raw form, they are all send me running for an antiemetic.
Post a Comment