We are home... next step to backfill all the missing dates ;)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ryokan – relaxing at the Ikaho hot springs

Yumi sure knows how to relax. She found this little getaway town and booked a room in one of the ryokans for a night of pampering. On top of that, a traditional dinner and breakfast were included with reservation. IMG_9461On the way to the ryokan we stopped by Haruna shrine. If you’ve ever seen Initial-D you’d know of at least Gunma or mt. Haruna. I’ll post some pictures of the skid marks.

IMG_9373IMG_9395IMG_9417IMG_9489

IMG_9448IMG_9452IMG_9458IMG_9474IMG_9429

IMG_9486 IMG_9432

Mt. Haruna, lake Haruna and the ropeway to the top. That’s out city way way in the background… far in the distance behind Yumi

IMG_9497IMG_9518IMG_9526IMG_9535IMG_9538

 

I found these statues very interesting. I am not sure what historical or magical significance they carry, but they are very pleasant to look at, and I sure as hell wouldnt mind a couple of them in my back yard :)

IMG_9383IMG_9398IMG_9402IMG_9408IMG_9421IMG_9446IMG_9453IMG_9454 IMG_9546

 

This is the road in anime “Initial D”.

Ikaho Hot Spring Town

 IMG_9572IMG_9578IMG_9580IMG_9606IMG_9600 IMG_9594                                                                                                                                                  

IMG_9604 After we arrive at our ryokan “Kano-ya”, we explored Ikaho-hot spring town for a little bit to meke us more hungry for special dinner…. 

This shoes are called “Geta” which is Japanese traditional shoes usually people wear with Yukata or Kimono which is also traditional Japanese clothes. Alex tried them but he said they were so uncomfortable and actually it hurt his legs.

 

 

 

Dinner at Ryokan

IMG_9630IMG_9649IMG_9625IMG_9621

IMG_9643 IMG_9620 IMG_9622 IMG_9632 IMG_9636

IMG_9646 IMG_9648 IMG_9652 IMG_9658 

 

Hot Spring at Ryokan
Hotel has several kinds of hot springs and these pictures are one of them. It is a private our-door bath. I took other public bath too but I was alone every time. It seemed like not many people were staying at this hotel, I am sure this hotel is really nice hotel probably economically recession has affected this hot spring town too. But anyway that was good for us. All of the bath became private (^_^). I swam in hot spring.

IMG_9696 IMG_9684 IMG_9701 IMG_9702

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers