During contact negotiations for Yumi’s job, I feel I had a mini win with Yumi (amongst a myriad of losses) on the topic of being too forceful in Japanese culture. …after having typed half a page of details, I decided to spare the details and get to the point. The best case scenario for us would have been to ask more money (there were two wages offered), ask for a week off (mind you it’s a 2-months contract), and terminate the contract a few days early (for some reason all contracts end on the 4th of the month). Even though shes was dealing with an agent, Yumi was completely against even asking for that. She said it was too pushy. If they say yes, she could spend time with her family and I wouldnt have to go to Korea to extend my visa. I spent almost an trying to convince her that asking wasnt going to hurt, worst case scenario they’ll say no, and that it’s an agents job to find a compromise. Some of my less successful arguments were that head hunters dont have souls, that they genuinely dont care and will forget about her the moment they hang up, and that it’s totally ok to …she made the phone call, and they agreed to everything. FUCKING A!
This was one of the smallest glasses (coffee in this case) I’ve had so far
If you’ve never been in my car, I usually drive with my eyes closed.
I dont know if it’s just me, or males in general, but I am absolutely fascinated by heavy machinery. The heavier the machine, the bigger the fascination. When I was a kid, we used to break into construction sites… Bill Gates stole a bulldozer… I totally see myself jousting on a tea tractor.
A random windmill
Awesome marketing. Totally self explanatory.
Amazing cooking. There are never too many cooks in Yamaga’s kitchen
The whole sleeping-for-an-hour thing in a house with 2 awake kids doesnt work.
0 comments:
Post a Comment