Japnese take roller coaster safety seriously… seriously! We were not allowed to take anything on the coaster. At the start of the ride, there were lockers where we had to put all of our stuff. Then one of the workers went by checking all of our restraints, while the one following him tapped on our pockets to make sure they were empty.
Our first ride of the day was this bad boy. I dont know what ‘conventional’ means, but this ride’s in the Guinness book of records for the highest lift and fastest speed. On our second time around I came to a very interesting realization. Despite having my hands up in the air and not screaming like a little girl, apparently I really didnt remember the 2nd half of the course. I remember thinking “hmmmm… it wasnt this long last time” & “this turn wasnt here, wonder where it came from”. And the best part, it stayed opened in the rain.
This was supposed to be our 2nd ride. The biggest disappointment was when, after an hour and a half in a line for this crazy twisting rollercoasting wet dream, it started sprinkling and soon after that the coaster was closed. It’s one of the saddest things that happened to me, so we just kept exploring and taking the first (fastest) ‘coaster in the park. I must confess, i cried, but Yumi let me get icecream so the bu-bu went away.
We even pulled the weather report, these roller coaster killing sprinkles are that blue spot under the finger nail… nearly the only place in Japan where it rained that day.
On the way out of the park I saw it. It was the most amazing coffee maker I had ever laid my eyes on. This is what a coffee maker’s supposed to look like! It had it all, all kinds of coffee and tea, an lcd touch screen, it showed you progress in every way imaginable and it actually tasted well.
Share
0 comments:
Post a Comment