We are home... next step to backfill all the missing dates ;)

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cambodia (Siem Reap) - Day 1

Gecko.. these little guys are everywhere. I mean every where! and they make really cool sounds, it’s like a battle cry, something you wouldnt expect a tiny lizard to make. Unlike the lizards I used to catch as a kid, the ones in Cambodia get quiet big, I’ve seen one at least 10 inches long… and they are the integral part of the food chain. The food chain here preserved its self quiet nicely. Flies, mosquitoes, and a variety of bugs enough to drive me nuts at dinner is completely unaffected by the blue lights or abundance of geckoes. During dinner today, i’ve had these things crawling all over my hair, my beer, my soup and the bottle of my highly prized mosquito repellant. I have a phantom bug thing, I feel like they are still crawling though my hair… tomorrow my mission is to find a family of domesticated geckoes to consume every bug off my body.

朝7時のフライトでカンボジア入りです。空港ではホテルから依頼されたバイクタクシーの運転手がスタンバイ。。。結局、アンコールにいる間彼を毎日雇うことになっちゃいました。っていうか、毎日ホテルの前で私達を待っているので、他の人に変えることも出来ず。。。。カンボジアってそういうシステムだそうです。。。でも、本当にいいドライバーさんでした。

IMG_1075 IMG_1095 IMG_1110

今回は地球の歩き方に乗っているゲストハウスに宿泊。驚くべく宿泊者の90%は日本人のバックパッカーでした。女の子一人のカンボジア旅行はやっぱり危険なのでは??その勇気はすごいと思うけどやっぱり考えられない、私は。スタッフも日本語を話せて、一泊18ドルだったけど朝食付きで、バスルームもきれいでした。

IMG_1122 IMG_1123 IMG_1127 IMG_1130 IMG_1131 IMG_1137 IMG_1141

夕方からプノンバケンに夕日を見に行きましたが、はっきり言ってたいしたことありませんでした。雨季で天気が良くなかったからなのかもしれません。アンコールを一望できるはずだけど全然見えなかったです。残念。

 IMG_1171 IMG_1172 IMG_1174 IMG_1176 IMG_1178 IMG_1196 IMG_1204 IMG_1213 IMG_1244 IMG_1247 IMG_1253

食事は典型的な観光客用のレストランへ勧められて。。。マッサージも観光客用。ものすごく貧しい国のはずが、アンコールワットの入場券もあわせて今日は$250も使ってしまいました!!予算オーバーです。

IMG_1276 IMG_1277 IMG_1286

Share

1 comments:

Stranger in a Strange Land. said...

Some dude w/ a marking "12" is touching your wife.. you subsequently killed him, correct?

Post a Comment

Followers