We are home... next step to backfill all the missing dates ;)

Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Laos (Dien Bien to Muang Khoua to Oudomxai) - Day1

IMG_1896 IMG_1897
The morning started with an adventure. 5 times we confirmed that at 4:45 am there will be a taxi to take us to the bus station. 4:40 I called downstairs and the half awake staff said, “yea, taxi, here, ok”. When we came down, the front desk girl said, oh, sorry, no taxi, it’s very early. You want taxi? I call for you…? ok? FUCK ME!! In 25 minutes we have a bus and the taxi that we expected to be waiting for us is no where to be found. Next, she starts to run around and comes back with, I call moto. 1 Minute. ok? I say, NO, Not ok, I want taxi, bla bla…  like speaking to a wall. 5 minutes later (15 minutes till bus) 1 moto shows up… there are two of us… with luggage. The guys looks more puzzled than us. He calls his friend and they ask 3x more than the taxi.. EACH (30k each instead of 10k for taxi). I know we really got no choice, but try my luck regardless and tell the staff that I am not paying, and to go get me a taxi (because this is really pissing me off). She talks to the moto and they agree on 30k together (it should be 5k each tops). Ahhh… but it gets better. Half way to the station a police bike cuts us off and pulls over my moto. I try to point to my wrist to indicate that we have no time, but the police are ignorant. At this point, I hand the driver some money, take my bags and walk off. The police and the driver are shocked, but by walking away, I probably saved drivers ass. I barely make 10 steps, another moto stops, I say, 5k to station, and start to walk away. The driver grabs my bags and exclaims ok ok.

The bus was packed. We kept picking people up in a middle of no where, and dropping them off. The bus was a taxi and the post office. We picked up packages from one village and dropped them off else where. We even picked up 6 or so jugs of gasoline that pissed all the foreigners off, because driver stuck them at their feet… and they were stinking pretty bad. The bus also served as a boat. We crossed two streams with no bridges, just puttered across. Business as usual.

Finally, at Muang Khua we all left the bus in front of a 15-20 meter wide river. The boat driver said, 2000 kip ( 25 cents) to cross or 4000 dong. One of the girls gave him 5k and didnt take change. The price immediately became 5k. The driver refused to take dollars, finally indicating that its $2 if you pay in dollars (16k kip). On the other side we negotiated the bus. 5 Polish girls were way to aggressive and it wasnt getting anyone anywhere. I flagged down another bus and we left, after quickly settling on the price for the 6 of us.

朝5時に予約しておいたタクシーが来てない!!フロントに言ったら、朝早すぎるからタクシーはないって言われて昨日の予約は何だったんだ?とさすがに私も激怒。

とにかく今すぐ出ないとバスに間に合わないから何とかしろって言って、バイクタクシーを2台頼むことに。。タクシーだったら1ドル以下で行けるところをなぜか3ドルも出さないといけなくなって本当に怒りきれない。。。

なんとか5分前に私はバス停に到着したけど、あれ??アレックスは??かなり不安になりながら待つこと10分。やっとアレックス到着。来る途中で警察に止められたらしい。。待っていられないアレックスは警察とドライバイーがなにやら言っているのは無視して歩き出し、他のバイクタクシーを捕まえて何とかたどり着いたと。。。危機一髪

とにかく、ぎりぎりで間に合った。。。

乗ったバスはこれ。またまたローカルバスでローカルの人たちと一緒。。昨日と違うのはローカルの人たちはやたらと荷物が多いこと。ガソリンのタンクだったり、4人がかりで運ばないといけないほどで何が入っているのかわからない袋や飲み水のタンク、ダンボールなどなど。。。荷物をバスの荷台に積むのにアレックスも借り出され。。

 IMG_1459IMG_1667IMG_1685IMG_1465

更に運転中、手を上げている村の人がいればすでに乗員いっぱいになっててもかまわず乗せるから、バスはこんな状態に。。この状態で、一歩間違えば崖を転落、見つけてもらえそうもない山道を再び走り続けることになりました。。。。。はっきり言って危険です。

↓ラオスの国境。日本人の私だけはビザがいらないけど、他の人はビザを取得して入国。

 IMG_1517 IMG_1524

途中で寄った村で昼食のはずでしたが。。。。ラオスに入ればすぐにATMでラオスのお金キップをゲットできると軽く考えていた私達は大間違い。国境でベトナムドンをビザ取得で使い切ってしまった私達はUSドルしかない。村ではUSドルを受け取ってくれず、たった50セントのスープを購入できない状態に。。。

IMG_1628IMG_1631IMG_1639IMG_1655

私達は昨日のホテルが用意してくれた朝食卵やパンを食べて空腹をしのいだけど、この先大丈夫???アレックスは何とかなるよって気楽だけど、私は本当に気が気じゃない。。。。

昼食後再びドライブ。川には橋が架かってないからバスはそのまま川に突入して川を渡らないといけません。。。

 DSC_0571 DSC_0573 DSC_0574

 

午後2時ごろ大きな川の前で突然バスがストップ。ここが最終地点クワンタンっていう町だという。。。。前に広がる大きな川以外何もない。。。とにかく、荷物を降ろされ、船で川を渡らないといけないらしい。。

ここでまたまたトラブル。

現地のお金がない私達は25セントの船代が払えない。。USドルを受け取らない船長。英語を一言も話さない村の人と私達バックパッカー。最終的にベトナムドンは受け取ってくれることになって、私達12人のバックパッカー全員が一丸となって何とかお金をかき集め払えることに。。。

 IMG_1715 IMG_1718

船で川を渡りきった先には小さな村が。聞いてみるとやっぱりATMはない。。観光案内所も週末はしまってしまうラオス。。とにかく、タクシーでウブドサイっていう町に行くしかないと。。。とりあえず、タクシー運転手はUSドルを受け取ってくれるということで一安心。

2台のバンで値段が一人6ドルでウドムサイまで連れて行ってくれるということになりました。高いけど仕方ない。他にチョイスが無し、さあ出発って思いきや、ポーランド人の若い女の子グループが2台で一人6ドルは高いから1台にして一人3ドルに抑えたいと交渉に乗り出した。英語が全く通じなくて、現地のお金を持っていない私達のこの状況を全く理解していないこの子達。結局この5人を置いて他の7人で移動することになりました。

2時間ほどのドライブでウドムサイって、町に到着。ATMもあって、ゲストハウスもいっぱい。。とりあえず、何件かゲストハウスを当たってチェックイン。この旅始まって以来一番安い一泊6ドル。でもダブルベット、バストイレテレビ付き、部屋もかなり広いし、シンガポールで泊まった$50のホテルよりいいホテルでした。

とりあえず、一日の終わりにビールで乾杯!過酷な旅ですっかり仲良くなった、7人はもう一泊この町に泊まって、次の日みんなでバイクを借りて村を回ることになりました。

観光客がほとんどいないこと町を歩いていたら、突然2人の若い日本人の女の子に遭遇!まさか日本人がこの町にいるなんてって私もびっくり、向こうもびっくり!とりあえず一緒に写真を取りました。

IMG_1792 IMG_1867IMG_1878 IMG_1879 IMG_1885 IMG_1888

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers