We are home... next step to backfill all the missing dates ;)

Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Kuala Lumpur – Days .5

2ヶ月チョットの日本での労働が終わり、待ちに待った東南アジア第二弾の旅の始まりです!!第一他国目はマレーシア。まずは東南アジアで一番大きい都市、クアラルンプールで6日間過ごします。初日は屋台でご飯とマッサージで旅の始まりを祝しました!ちなみに、コンビニの350mlの缶ビールが250円だったのに対して映画館での新作映画も250円!!!マレーシアはビール高すぎ!!!です。しかも、レストランで飲んでもコンビニでビール買っても同じ値段!!!ビール好きな私達はチョット混乱気味です(>_<)

 IMG_2732_thumbIMG_2746_thumbIMG_2850_thumbIMG_2915_thumb

IMG_2874

I am happy to announce that our laptop didnt melt in the fiery explosion following the use of the first (aka ‘beta’) power converter. The sparks and crackling produced by plugging in the laptop scared me half to death and before I realized what happened, I was already a good 3 meters away tasting the electrical burning. Plug #2 came from the best electronics store in KL (literally, it’s called “Best”). I was prepared for the worst, but the power light went on, and the laptop lit up like a baby with a lollypop.

Day .5: We were sleep deprived and jet lagged. I slept for… ok, I didn’t sleep. I didnt sleep because I am constantly forgetting that I am not traveling alone and while I typically didn’t book hotels prior to arrival in a country, Yumi would kill me -verbally, mentally and physically - if i told her after landing that we didnt yet have a place to stay. So I spent the whole night calling hotels (I♥skype) to find a hotel to my linking and worthy of Yumis approval. (all the hotels i had previously selected were booked up, along with about 15 others I’ve called from 11 to 3am).

The adventures started before we even left Japan. At 3am, we took a taxi to the bus stop to take us to the airport… Yumi changed the time from 3:10 to 3:00 just in case and as woman's intuition would have it, the driver got lost.

 

IMG_2878IMG_2880IMG_2883IMG_2910IMG_2912

We landed around 6, and I can honestly say, never in my life have my baggage been ready before I was. Not only that, the baggage attendants unload it off the conveyer belt for you, and arrange it alphabetically!!! I hear KL airport is one of the best airports in the world.

After arrival and check-in we went for a walk, visited local tourist center by KLCC and went to ‘Bukit Bintang’ for a meal. Some wondering around later we settled on an outdoors Chinese restaurant and had a fantastic meal. The best so far. On exit I picked owners’ brains on acceptable massage places and we ended the night with a bit of pampering.

Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, though I could not understand first few lines because they are neither in English not Hindi ;)
Gomti

Why did I have to make another profile? said...

It's called Japanese baby :) Try google.translate.com :)

Post a Comment

Followers